Video Marketing Takes over Real Estate

The times when being a real estate agent was all about putting on a nice show for the open house tour are definitely over. The large majority of home buyers are looking for a new house over the Internet nowadays. Best click-through rate for any mail is ensured by a video added to the content.

As the 2013 Google/NAR study shows, 92% of homebuyers decide to use the Internet in order to get help in finding their new home. As a general comparison, only 87% try looking for an agent. The average time spent on researching online for a new house to buy is three weeks. Only then, after watching several virtual tours online, do some of them turn to a real estate agent for a house presentation.

Being easy to find in the online is therefore a must for any real estate agent who wants to sell. Unfortunately, the presence alone is not enough to be convincing. Having a video in the online dramatically increases the chances to get contacted. The statistics show that about 85% of buyers prefer an agent who has a video. On the other hand, only 15% of agents have a video presence. The general idea is that there are many buyers out there just waiting for your video or a virtual tour on the houses that are available.

Should you decide to start working on your video content, here are a few things to consider:

  • Buyers look for value and information – make sure you give data and numbers.
  • The video content must be brief and interactive – do not make it hard to load and boring to watch.
  • Video content adds nicely to your social media platforms – post it on your blog, your Facebook page or your Pinterest board.
  • Video testimonials are still really good to use.
  • Make the video interactive by adding information about the agent, contacts and phone numbers easy to use by clicking on them.
  • Mobile is the future – make sure the video loads and opens fast on mobile devices.

It is frequently said that a picture is worth a thousand words. So, how much would a video be worth? According to Forrester Research, one minute of video is worth 1.8 million words.The great thing about these numbers is that after watching a video, 80 percent of viewers remember what they’ve seen in the video. Do you need any more reasons to start making your first video today?

Uncategorized
The future of museums

As technology evolves in front of our eyes, it’s obvious that more and more of the classics are being brought to the current times. That

Read More »
virtual events
Uncategorized
The rise of virtual events

The premise of virtual events We’ve all dealt with the consequences of the pandemic: from staying indoors to wearing a mask almost everywhere. Businesses were

Read More »