The times when being a real estate agent was all about putting on a nice show for the open house tour are definitely over. The large majority of home buyers are looking for a new house over the Internet nowadays. Best click-through rate for any mail is ensured by a video added to the content.
As the 2013 Google/NAR study shows, 92% of homebuyers decide to use the Internet in order to get help in finding their new home. As a general comparison, only 87% try looking for an agent. The average time spent on researching online for a new house to buy is three weeks. Only then, after watching several virtual tours online, do some of them turn to a real estate agent for a house presentation.
Being easy to find in the online is therefore a must for any real estate agent who wants to sell. Unfortunately, the presence alone is not enough to be convincing. Having a video in the online dramatically increases the chances to get contacted. The statistics show that about 85% of buyers prefer an agent who has a video. On the other hand, only 15% of agents have a video presence. The general idea is that there are many buyers out there just waiting for your video or a virtual tour on the houses that are available.
Should you decide to start working on your video content, here are a few things to consider:
- Buyers look for value and information – make sure you give data and numbers.
- The video content must be brief and interactive – do not make it hard to load and boring to watch.
- Video content adds nicely to your social media platforms – post it on your blog, your Facebook page or your Pinterest board.
- Video testimonials are still really good to use.
- Make the video interactive by adding information about the agent, contacts and phone numbers easy to use by clicking on them.
- Mobile is the future – make sure the video loads and opens fast on mobile devices.
It is frequently said that a picture is worth a thousand words. So, how much would a video be worth? According to Forrester Research, one minute of video is worth 1.8 million words.The great thing about these numbers is that after watching a video, 80 percent of viewers remember what they’ve seen in the video. Do you need any more reasons to start making your first video today?